Search This Blog

Friday, October 29, 2010

2 sides of Kitchen completed, 1 to go!

So I decided to go ahead and post pics of the last side of the kitchen that needs to be finished. There are things here that are going to be changed as well. Funny how as you are doing things in a remodel, you will think of something else and say "UGH! That is not looking right, or it needs to have such and such added." I am just grateful we are doing all of this ourselves as I would drive a contractor NUTS!

Okay, first pic is how this side had looked when we first bought the house. One small window for the entire kitchen. Not much lighting at all. Cabinets and counter tops were made out of used hardwood flooring. Let me tell you, I did not want to even make a sandwich on those counters knowing at one time FEET walked on them. Eeeewww?


How the kitchen looks this morning. What I am changing is that the table/counter will be cut down a bit in length so an 18" base cabinet with drawers can go in. Above that and next to the refrigerator will be a wine rack. Both cabinets of course are from Ikea.





I have a couple of chairs I found on Ebay that were a steal. 25.00 each and they are cast iron and very heavy. I found this adorable fabric online and paid only 5.00 for it. It goes PERFECTLY with the color scheme in the kitchen. This is where I sit with my laptop. I am going back and forth whether I should spray paint them a white or not. Opinions?

1 comment:

  1. love the fabric on the chairs! I think you could keep them black but they would look great as white too! they look so pretty with your rug... Also before I do a post on my blog about your projects, should I call you Marie or EMarie?

    ReplyDelete